Key Stage 1 Class Teacher – Full Time Maternity Cover
Cheriton Bishop Primary School
This post will be paid within the Main Pay Scale M1-3
Required for January 2021, an excellent classroom practitioner for our Year 1/2 class.
This would be an ideal opportunity for an NQT or early career teacher who will be supported by the experienced Executive Academy Head and staff team.
The Link Academy Trust is looking for a passionate, talented Key Stage 1 teacher to join our dynamic organisation, lead a class and work across the Trust. If you are a teacher with real ambition to develop your career further and would like to be at the forefront of current school improvement opportunities we need you.
This position is specifically to cover maternity leave, however the Trust offer the prospect of teaching in a range of settings, being empowered to develop your own expert knowledge and skills and the chance to support/ lead others in their professional journey. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to working to improve the outcomes for all our children, where your work life balance will be promoted.
We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed as a teacher, including mentoring and coaching.
You will need to be inspirational and reflective, show initiative, creativity and demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful and growing team of practitioners to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’. We expect you to liaise with parents, stakeholders and the community. The School leaders will recognise and develop your expertise and skills to ensure you become an excellent teacher.
We want you to come and join our happy, positive learning environments where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
- A commitment to developing your own practice through engagement in professional learning in order to develop and implement the most current teaching strategies.
- An understanding of how pupils learn and flexibility to support the schools in offering an excellent experience to all our children, including enriching extra-curricular activities.
- Recognition of our amazing children; nurturing and supporting them, meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
- A committed approach to the wider school community and engagement with them.
- A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children under your care the best you can
- Experience of working in a KS1
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
If you wish to visit prior to application, a warm welcome awaits you. Please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01647 24817.
Please click on the links below to download an application form and person spec. Please return your completed application to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 9th October at 12 noon
Interview Date: Thursday 15th October 2020
Please click here to find out more about working for the Link Academy Trust